Thursday, June 7, 2012

Written on the plane - 5/25/12

I am currently in route to Lima, Peru. I am so excited for all that is to come!! We just finished supper on the plane, pasta, salad, a roll, and a very delicious brownie. The Vow just finished playing and now Big Bang Theory is on. My new friend Ana is sitting right behind me and a girl on her way back to Peru to visit her family is beside me.  She is going to celebrate her quincinera while there which is very exciting! When we land tonight we are staying in a motel and then in the morning we leave for Trujillo on a 10 hour bus ride. Saying goodbye to everyone was very hard, but I know that this summer will be worth being away from my loved ones. I had a good flight to Denver where I met Derek and Aaron. When we got to Huston we had some lunch and then met Kyle who will be serving in Peru this summer when we are in Ecuador. I am so excited, yet the nerves are definitely present as well. I ask for prayers for my friends and family as they spend the summer and deal with my leaving. I am so thankful for all of the support I received for this trip and want to say a big thank you to all of my donors and prayer supporters. It means so much that people believe in me and the work I hope to accomplish this summer with God's help. Please pray for my team as we meet tonight and as everything begins tomorrow.  I do not know what the future hold, but I know who holds my future, and that is very great news for me! I know the Lord has amazing plans for my team, me, and the ministry of Inca Link! I am so very thankful to have this amazing opportunity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment