Saturday, June 9, 2012

Gracias a Dios

Today was so great! Painted at a new missionaries house, loved getting to help them! Had tons of fun in the little girls room splatter painting with pink! Then we were able to go down to outside of the stadium and get some Ecuador jerseys so we are prepared for the game tomorrow! Yea, we are going to the Ecuador vs. Colombia Soccer Game!! It is going to be so crazy!! We are all super excited!!

Then when we got back to Casa Blanca, I checked my email, and I had a response from Profe Clark saying that they were still in Quito until 8:30pm when they had to leave for the airport.  I thought that they were leaving this morning so I thought the possibility of seeing them was long gone, nope, God had it all under control. So it was about 7 at this time and so I got Aaron and Derek and we got permission and then headed to catch a Taxi! That Taxi ride seemed like it took forever, I was a little worried since they didn't know we were coming, and I wasn't for sure how long the ride to get there would be. It was so great to be back in the neighborhood that I was in all the time 2 years ago! Loved it!! So we got to the Hotel and I asked for Ricardo Clark, but before the guy responded I saw Liz Kester and like freaked out and then because we were loud, girls started showing up everywhere!! It was so great and I got a lot of hugs but Profe was still not there, so they showed me his door and so I knocked and when he opened the door it was so great!! I got a big Jencita and an amazing hug!! It was so great to be able to see each other in this place that I was able to come to with him two years ago. I am so thankful for that trip and all God showed me and that he has brought me back this summer. Even though the visit seeing them was very short since they had to get to the airport it was so great and I am so thankful that God made it happen. We had all pretty much given up hope that we would be able to see each other before they left, but God had it in His plan and I am so thankful for that! Familiar faces and great Ecuadorian hugs can make all of the difference in the world!! So yea, I'm sorry that was very rambled and may not have made much sense, but thanks for reading and know that I am am very thankful for getting to see Profe and hope that they have a great trip home and enjoyed there time in Ecuador so very much!! I love this place so much and want everyone to be able to experience it!!

Thanks be to God for making all things Possible!!
Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome you got to see Prof. Clark in Ecuador! There is nothing more encouraing than seeing a familiar face. Sam Bender and I got to meet up in Moldova last summer and I think it was the best day I have ever had! You might already be realizing this, but what missionaries want most is not money or security or even a house or food for people to donate. They want our presence, because our presence speaks volumes. I think that is why it is so important in John that the "Word became Flesh and dwelt among us." Because we needed a face instead of words or emails or letters. There is nothing better than an actually familiar person visiting us when we are away from home.
    May the Ecuador group's presence richly bless you!
    Ps: I love reading about the things that you are learning!

    ReplyDelete